GenBank release 219.0 (4/14/2017) has 200,877,884 traditional records containing 231,824,951,552 base pairs of sequence data. In addition, there are 451,840,147 WGS records containing 2,035,032,639,807 base pairs of sequence data, 165,068,542 TSA records containing 149,038,907,599 base pairs of sequence data, as well as 1,438,349 TLS records containing 636,923,295 base pairs of sequence data.
During the 60 days between the close dates for GenBank releases 218.0 and 219.0, the traditional portion of GenBank grew by 3,105,513,914 base pairs and by 1,536,507 sequence records. During that same period, 173,862 records were updated (an average of 28,506 added and/or updated per day).
Between releases 218.0 and 219.0, the WGS component of GenBank grew by 142,066,331,172 base pairs and by 42,349,750 sequence records. The TSA component of GenBank grew by 15,521,695,495 base pairs and by 13,637,057 sequence records. The TLS component of GenBank did not change.
The total number of sequence data files increased by 42 with this release. The divisions are as follows:
- BCT: 20 new files, now a total of 350
- CON: 3 new files, now a total of 359
- ENV: 2 new files, now a total of 97
- EST: 2 new files, now a total of 483
- INV: 1 new file, now a total of 153
- PAT: 7 new files, now a total of 290
- PHG: 1 new file, now a total of 4
- PLN: 2 new files, now a total of 145
- PRI: 1 new file, now a total of 56
- SYN: 1 new file, now a total of 10
- TSA: 1 new file, now a total of 230
- VRL: 1 new file, now a total of 48
For downloading purposes, please keep in mind that the uncompressed GenBank Release 219.0 flatfile require roughly 818 GB (sequence files only). The ASN.1 data require approximately 685 GB.
More information about GenBank release 219.0 is available in the release notes, as well as in the README files in the genbank (ftp.ncbi.nih.gov) and ASN.1 (ncbi-asn1) directories.