In June, the NCBI Eukaryotic Genome Annotation Pipeline released new annotations in RefSeq for the following organisms, including Danio rerio (zebrafish):
- Bombyx mori (domestic silkworm)
- Numida meleagris (helmeted guineafowl)
- Herrania umbratica (eudicot)
- Sorghum bicolor (sorghum)
- Mizuhopecten yessoensis (Yesso scallop)
- Lonchura striata domestica (Bengalese finch)
- Danio rerio (zebrafish)
- Oncorhynchus mykiss (rainbow trout)
- Aotus nancymaae (Ma’s night monkey)
- Meriones unguiculatus (Mongolian gerbil)
- Neomonachus schauinslandi (Hawaiian monk seal)
- Ictidomys tridecemlineatus (thirteen-lined ground squirrel)
See more details on the Eukaryotic RefSeq Genome Annotation Status page.
The latest zebrafish (Danio rerio) genome annotation produced by the NCBI Eukaryotic Genome Annotation Pipeline is now in RefSeq. This data is available for download and can be explored in the Genome Data Viewer, with BLAST, and in the Gene database.
In Annotation Release 106, a total of 39,989 genes were annotated, including 26,522 that code for proteins. This annotation was done on an improved assembly (GRCz11), which has an increased scaffold N50 and includes alternate loci scaffolds.
A full report on the zebrafish (Danio rerio) Annotation Release 106 annotation can be found on the release page.