We’ve been making improvements to the NCBI genome Assembly resource. Highlights include:
- Links added between members of a pair of genome assemblies derived from the same diploid individual
- Additional filters now shown on the left-hand side bar
- Annotation status
- Assembly type, including the new types “Unresolved diploid” and “Alternate pseudohaplotype”
- vhost filters on the Advanced page Search Builder that allow selection of virus assemblies with a particular host (e.g. “vhost human”)
- Searching by assembly names with the version unspecified
- Total ungapped length reported in the “Global statistics” table, replacing the less useful total gap length
- Improved N50 & L50 statistics presentation for complex genome assemblies
Figure 1. The Assembly search web pages now have new filters on the left-hand side bar and an new vhost filter available on the Advanced search page.
Please visit the Assembly Help page for more information on these improvements.