We’ve been making improvements to the NCBI genome Assembly resource. Highlights include:
- Links added between members of a pair of genome assemblies derived from the same diploid individual
- Additional filters now shown on the left-hand side bar
- Annotation status
- Assembly type, including the new types “Unresolved diploid” and “Alternate pseudohaplotype”
- vhost filters on the Advanced page Search Builder that allow selection of virus assemblies with a particular host (e.g. “vhost human”)
- Searching by assembly names with the version unspecified
- Total ungapped length reported in the “Global statistics” table, replacing the less useful total gap length
- Improved N50 & L50 statistics presentation for complex genome assemblies
Figure 1. The Assembly search web pages now have new filters on the left-hand side bar and an new vhost filter available on the Advanced search page.
Please visit the Assembly Help page for more information on these improvements.
One thought on “Important improvements on the genome Assembly pages”
Great news. Thank you.