The current release has:
Growth between releases
During the 58 days between the close dates for GenBank Releases 254.0 and 255.0, the traditional portion of GenBank grew by 95,444,070,395 base pairs and by 724,301 sequence records. We updated 172,014 records during that same period. We added and/or updated an average of 15,453 traditional records per day!
Between releases 254.0 and 255.0, the WGS component of GenBank grew by 809,862,583,958 base pairs and by 102,632,003 sequence records. The TSA component of GenBank grew by 5,676,303,640 base pairs and by 6,070,701 sequence records. The TLS component of GenBank grew by 102,416,285 base pairs and by 119,028 sequence records.
The total number of sequence data files increased by 301 with this release. The divisions are as follows:
- BCT: 30 new files, now a total of 937
- ENV: 1 new file, now a total of 77
- INV: 136 new files, now a total of 1380
- MAM: 16 new files, now a total of 166
- PAT: 1 new file, now a total of 252
- PLN: 14 new files, now a total of 1114
- ROD: 61 new files, now a total of 300
- VRL: 22 new files, now a total of 886
- VRT: 20 new files, now a total of 357
For downloading purposes, please keep in mind that the uncompressed GenBank release 255.0 sequence data flat files require roughly 3,184 GB. The ASN.1 data files require approximately 1,553 GB.
Stay up to date
Please send any comments or questions to email@example.com.