Finding & Organizing NCBI Data for your Research Project
This workshop concluded on February 22, 2022. Workshop materials are available here.
This workshop will provide some tips for new users of NCBI databases on how to effectively search databases and use an NCBI Account to organize key literature and biological data records. Shown in the context of finding helpful information for a new high school Advanced Placement or undergraduate biology student research project, we will take you step-by-step through how to find and store links to relevant citations as well as helpful organism, genome, gene, protein and 3D structure information.
In this online, interactive workshop you will learn how to:
- Effectively search NCBI databases
- Create an NCBI account
- Use an NCBI account to:
- Save a search and set up weekly or monthly emails to notify of new results
- Store selected records from multiple databases for easy access later
- Find related information in different NCBI databases using links
- Impress a prospective research mentor
Please see our FAQ page for more information and if you still have questions about the NCBI Outreach Events program or this specific workshop, email us at email@example.com .
Go back to NCBI Outreach Events: Workshops, Webinars, and Codeathons