The current release has:
During the 59 days between the close dates for GenBank Releases 256.0 and 257.0, the traditional portion of GenBank grew by 145,578,541,799 base pairs and by 2,558,312 sequence records. We updated 34,840 records during that same period. We added and/or updated an average of 43,952 traditional records per day!
Between releases 256.0 and 257.0, the WGS component of GenBank grew by 503,320,510,429 base pairs and by 19,839,034 sequence records. The TSA component of GenBank grew by 3,048,576,874 base pairs and by 2,349,189 sequence records. The TLS component of GenBank grew by 986,867,816 base pairs and by 1,622,435 sequence records.
The total number of sequence data files increased by 441 with this release. The divisions are as follows:
- BCT: 35 new files, now a total of 1,010
- ENV: 1 new file, now a total of 79
- INV: 175 new files, now a total of 1,739
- MAM: 1 new file, now a total of 235
- PAT: 6 new files, now a total of 260
- PLN: 93 new files, now a total of 1,265
- ROD: -1 file, now a total of 306
- VRL: 107 new files, now a total of 1,022
- VRT: 24 new files, now a total of 423
For downloading purposes, please keep in mind that the uncompressed GenBank release 257.0 sequence data flat files require roughly 3,575 GB. The ASN.1 data files require approximately 1,669 GB.
Stay up to date
Please send any comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.