We are now showing the curated evidence used for assigning names and, if possible, gene symbols, publications, and Enzyme Commission numbers on nearly 70% (83 million) microbial RefSeq proteins. This evidence includes a hierarchical collection of curated Hidden Markov Model (HMM)-based and BLAST-based protein families, and conserved domain architectures.
This full release incorporates genomic, transcript, and protein data available, as of July 8, 2019 and contains 206,416,381 records, including 146,381,777 proteins, 27,212,750 RNAs, and sequences from 93,618 organisms.
This full release incorporates genomic, transcript, and protein data available, as of May 13, 2019 and contains 200,311,267 records, including 141,839,334 proteins, 26,534,602 RNAs, and sequences from 91,873 organisms. The release is provided in several directories as a complete dataset and also as divided by logical groupings.
NCBI will be updating the human genome RefSeq annotation more frequently to incorporate improvements made to genes and transcripts by RefSeq curation experts. Faster updates will allow us to include the latest datasets.
In the past, we’ve produced a full re-annotation of the human genome about once a year. The last full annotation, Homo sapiens Annotation Release 109, was in March 2018. A full annotation is produced by two main processes:
This full release incorporates genomic, transcript, and protein data available as of March 13, 2019. It contains 192,722,653 records, including 135,670,032 proteins, 25,840,272 RNAs, and sequences from 88,816 organisms.
- Aphis gossypii (cotton aphid)
- Balaenoptera acutorostrata scammoni (minke whale)
- Bombyx mandarina (wild silkworm)
- Chelonia mydas (green sea turtle)
- Corapipo altera (white-ruffed manakin)
- Empidonax traillii (willow flycatcher)
- Eptesicus fuscus (big brown bat)
- Eumetopias jubatus (Steller sea lion)
- Falco cherrug (Saker falcon)
- Falco peregrinus (peregrine falcon)
- Marmota flaviventris (yellow-bellied marmot)
- Monomorium pharaonis (pharaoh ant)
- Neopelma chrysocephalum (saffron-crested tyrant-manakin)
- Ovis aries (sheep)
- Pipra filicauda (wire-tailed manakin)
- Rhopalosiphum maidis (corn leaf aphid)
- Solanum pennellii (eudicot)
- Tupaia chinensis (Chinese tree shrew)
- Vigna unguiculata (cowpea)
- Vombatus ursinus (common wombat)
- Xiphophorus couchianus (Monterrey platyfish)
See more details on the Eukaryotic RefSeq Genome Annotation Status page.
This full release incorporates genomic, transcript, and protein data available, as of January 4, 2019 and contains 185,738,687 records, including 130,366,644 proteins, 25,088,890 RNAs, and sequences from 86,867 organisms. The release is provided in several directories as a complete dataset and as divided by logical groupings.